ICT enables pupils to understand and use digital technology to express themselves, enhance their skills and develop products and solutions.
ICT both develops and requires logical thinking and precision.
- Digital Literacy – the ability to access and use digital technology.
- Information Technology – the creation and application of digital systems to develop solutions.
- Computer Science – the understanding of how digital systems work and are programmed.
ICT provides pupils with the knowledge and skills to contribute to the digital economy, and play an active role in a world where new technologies are invented daily.
Trips in the past have included participation in the Digital Futures programme run by Sentinus and various Robotics and digital learning workshops.
Studying ICT equips pupils with the skills necessary for a wide range of career paths including Computer Science.
- Lodge Road Campus: Two dedicated ICT classrooms
- Castlerock Road Campus: Six Dedicated ICT classrooms
All classrooms on both sites have up-to-date computer equipment and interactive whiteboards. ICT is used extensively across the curriculum to enhance teaching and learning.