- All pupils should be the correct age for admission into a given year group unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- All applications should be put in writing.
- The school will not, as a result of offering a place, exceed the school’s enrolment number as agreed with the Department of Education.
- Applicants may be admitted to a particular year group provided that
- Sixth Form: places are available in the subjects which the applicant wishes to study.
- Admission into Year14 (or during Year 13) will be highly dependent on AS/A2 courses which the pupil has already studied matching with those available in Coleraine Grammar School.
Criteria for Admission to Sixth Form at Year 13
In the following criteria “GCSE” means full course GCSE. In addition to the general requirements, applicants for places in Year 13 must have;
External applicants to Coleraine Grammar School must also present:
- School previous school reports for Y11 and Y12
- Printouts of external GCSE results